The member companies of the European Elevator Association, aware of the importance of offering good service, quality and safety based on prevention to their customers, however, accepting hereby that it is their own responsibility, commit themselves to comply with the following:
For each installation of passenger or goods lift, escalator or passenger conveyor maintained by them:
- To have an open dialogue with the customer and handle any request within a reasonable time.
- To actively promote in all circumstances quality and safety in the process of their maintenance activities.
- To be adequately insured with a renowned insurance company for all risks incurred in their activities.
- To provide a 24 hour per day call back service, and to ensure a fast release from entrapment.
- To regularly train each service staff member to assure their competence and update their technical knowledge and safety education.
- To observe and advise on all changes in European regulations related to the environment, health and safety.
- To deliver, on request of the customer, all information on the breakdowns that have taken place within the last twelve months.
- To provide, upon request of the customer, a Quality and Safety audit on the installations that are maintained.
- To offer to the customer the benefit of the most advanced maintenance techniques.
- To keep an updated technical dossier of each installation and its maintenance history.